Bronx Premise Accident Lawyer
Slip, Trip, and Fall Accident Injuries
Slips, trips, and fall accidents are responsible for 15 percent of all accidental deaths in the United States, second only to motor vehicle crashes. In fact, according to the National Safety Council (NSC), more people are treated in the hospital for falls than for car accidents—nearly 9 million!
Falls cause on the average around 24,000 deaths annually, and approximately 8 million injuries. They are particularly lethal to the elderly. One in three Americans over 65 suffers injuries in a fall each year. Among the most serious and most common injuries associated with falls are traumatic brain injuries, hip fractures, spinal cord injuries, and other broken bones. If you are one of the many that have fallen victim to such a debilitating injury you need a Bronx premise accident lawyer on your side.
Many of these deaths and injuries are entirely preventable. If property owners were to consistently live up to their legal responsibility to maintain their premises in a safe condition, a significant number of these falls would not occur. The law requires that people who own or lease real property to take reasonable care that there are no unsafe conditions that pose a threat to members of the public who are legally on the premises. At Domina Law, we know that anyone who has suffered a serious injury in a slip, trip, or fall accident because of a hazardous condition has the right to hire an attorney and make a claim for compensation for their damages.
Where and How Fall Accidents Happen
Slip, trip, and fall premises accidents can happen almost anywhere—office and residential buildings, construction sites, public sidewalks, shopping malls, “big box” stores, supermarkets, parking lots and garages, theaters, hotels, restaurants, parks—the list goes on and on. Conditions that can easily cause accidents include:
- Uneven or damaged pavement
- Fallen branches, wet leaves, trash, or debris on a sidewalk
- Roots growing under a sidewalk and elevating part of it
- Slippery conditions near a building or subway entrance
- Objects fallen from store shelves littering the aisles
- Spilled food or drinks
- Cords or wires crossing walkways
- Broken steps or missing handrails on staircases
- Damaged carpet, tiles, linoleum, or floor boards
- Wet floors
- Over-waxed or over-polished floors
- Sidewalks made wet and slippery by irrigation systems
- Insufficient lighting
What to Do Immediately after a Fall
When you’ve fallen on private or public property, the steps you take immediately afterward can help your Bronx premise accident attorney prove your case.
- Take photos showing the area and the cause of your fall.
- Call for help.
- Report the fall to management.
- Avoid discussing your physical condition. A doctor will determine how badly you’re injured.
- Get medical attention without delay.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions to the letter.
- Keep all follow-up appointments.
- Call Dino Domina to schedule a free consultation with a Bronx premise accident lawyer.
- Do not give an insurance adjuster a recorded statement.
- Do not sign releases or medical authorizations if asked by an insurance company representative.
- Refer the adjuster to your attorney. Your premise accident lawyer in the Bronx understands the tactics an insurance adjuster is likely to use to avoid paying your claim and knows how to handle them.
Recovering Damages after a Bronx Slip, Trip, and Fall Accident
As with any premises liability claim, it is important to have the best legal representation you can find to maximize your likelihood of recovering compensation. In the Bronx, premise accident lawyer Dino J. Domina has more than twenty years of experience in successfully representing and wrongful death claims and premise accidents, including many slip, trip and fall cases. He limits his practice exclusively to personal injury law. Recovering money for injured clients and those who have lost a loved one because of another’s negligence or wrongdoing is all he does and being highly experienced as a premise accident attorney has dubbed him New York Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine every year since 2011.
Get a Free Consultation With a Bronx Premise Accident Attorney
If you were injured on premises belonging to someone else because of negligence on the part of the owner or manager, or staff and are looking for results, a premise accident attorney from Domina Law can help. Contact our Bronx personal injury lawyers today to arrange a time for your free consultation on 718.962.0600. You are under no obligation and there is absolutely no risk to you, because you don’t pay anything unless you receive money for your losses.
The amount of time you have to file a claim is limited by New York State law, so don’t wait—call Domina Law now.